Posted on: 01/03/2019
We are looking for an energetic, eager Intern who is seeking an opportunity to learn about the various aspects of entrepreneurial business including HR, Benefits, Payroll and Accounting. This position will be responsible for various clerical and office duties with the potential to be assigned to a long-range project in his/her academic subject area.
For the past 20 years, XMI has supported the success of small- to mid-size businesses in industries ranging from healthcare to technology to manufacturing. Most of our clients’ headquarters are in Tennessee, but our client employees live and work in 40 states across the country.
XMI understands the challenges and opportunities facing entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We have the agility, discipline and determination our clients need to succeed. As entrepreneurs, we share in the entrepreneurial spirit while equipping our clients with the tools, intelligence, expertise and support required to help them make their next move.
- Data entry
- Maintain filing and storage systems in the office (scanning/file management/document storage)
- Create, edit, and update spreadsheets
- Bank reconciliations
- Incoming and outgoing mail management; including postage
- Greet clients and vendors upon arrival and direct them to appropriate offices
- Answer multiline phone system and direct calls as required
- Accounts payable support; including bill coding
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Have a positive, whatever-it-takes attitude, learn quickly, and exhibit flexibility among shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently, be organized and detail-oriented, positively handle conflict, and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a cross functional, collaborative team environment.
- Currently enrolled in a college program pursuing a degree in General Business, Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting, or related fields.
- Completion of 30+ college credits.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills, be detail oriented, and able to coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong analytical skills and ability to often handle large quantities of numerical data and spreadsheets
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and clients
20 hours/week between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Work hours will be determined with regard to the Intern’s course schedule.
Qualified candidates should respond to the job advertisement by including a copy of their most recent resume and contact information firstname.lastname@example.org.
XMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.