Director of Accounting Services
Posted on: 01/03/2019
XMI, a Nashville based back-office services provider, is seeking a Director for the Outsourced Accounting Practice. Strong managerial, business development, organizational and communication skills are required to report and work directly with clients’ management and supervise the outsourced accounting team.
- Build upon the existing outsourced accounting team, including hiring of appropriate staff.
- Oversee functions of outsourced accounting department, including budget, projections and collections
- Manages client expectation to provide exceptional client service to a book of business for bookkeeping and CFO services
- Responsible for direction, scheduling, coordination, training and evaluation of staff; assist executive leadership with overall management
- Proposal creation, review and maintenance, including pricing and status of outsourcing projects to prospects and clients
- Discovery and creation of new business opportunities to grow the practice including opportunities with existing clients.
- Oversee client accounting and financial reporting for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports to clients.
- Maintain personal growth with attending conferences, teaching internally and externally, writing whitepapers and blogs from time-to-time
- Design and establish processes and procedures to meet the changing needs of the clients’ business environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field from an accredited institution. Advanced degree is a plus
- CPA certification is a strong preference
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an outsourced accounting department with supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a CPA firms’ outsourced accounting department as a Manager or Controller, a plus
- Business Development and Management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP FS
- Demonstrates strong analytical capabilities with a high attention to detail
- Experience with QuickBooks is required, Intacct is a plus
Qualified candidates should respond to the job advertisement by including a copy of their most recent resume and contact information firstname.lastname@example.org.
XMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.