Department/Status: Payroll/Full Time
The Tax and Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting in tax planning and compliance for a variety of tax projects. Tax consulting responsibilities may include research and consulting with clients on tax matters and tax savings strategies. Compliance function responsibilities include preparation and/or review of required licensures for all states the company and/or its clients does business. Additional functions include set up of unemployment insurance accounts, quarterly tax balancing, tax uploads, filings and other related tax compliance activities.
- Ensure SUTA maintenance on all internal and external accounts
- Manage qualifying process to do business (Franchise\Access Tax) including: Registration with States (SOS); Annual Reporting SOS/PEO as required; Department of Revenue registration
- Understand and ensure compliance with other state requirements of a PEO doing business in state to include:
- Managing PEO registration and licensing and researching requirements
- Collaborating internally to gather required documentation
- Coordinating with state regulators to ensure all required information is provided
- Maintaining documentation for renewal
- Researching ongoing reporting requirements
- Coordinating internally to ensure reporting requirements are met
- Coordinate with Payroll to ensure appropriate setup of unemployment insurance; workers compensation insurance accounts; health and other related benefits accounts
- Start or term PEO client relationship, as applicable
- Ensure appropriate maintenance and retention of related records
- Manage certification processes for ESAC certification and ongoing reporting and CPEO licensing and reporting
- Ensure effective monthly Ohio bill processing
- Manage tax account registration and maintenance internally and for clients
- Conduct quarterly tax balancing, daily tax uploads, tax projects and researching, tax filings and payments
- Third party sick pay management including payments and tax adjustments
- File all required state reports
- NAPEO – research
- Payroll accounting including daily transaction posting to Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) and cash reconciliation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant work experience
- 4-10 years of tax and compliance experience in public accounting or related relevant experience with strong technical skills
- Consolidated C-Corp, Partnerships, S-Corp, Individual and multi-state tax experience
- Working knowledge of related legislation and tax compliance requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Must be able to sit/stand for 8 hours
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
XMI offers a competitive salary commensurate upon experience, as well as competitive company benefits including healthcare and 401K.
Qualified candidates should respond to the job advertisement by including a copy of their most recent resume and contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply online.
XMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.