Posted on: 12/27/17 | Department: Human Resources
The Payroll Specialist will be the primary contact for client payroll inquiries and provide excellent customer service support, resolves client issues using effective problem solving skills, supports client satisfaction, trains clients on web-based payroll. Strong phone skills to assist customers with their questions relating to their payroll, taxes, reports, and other payroll matters.
Primary duties will include:
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, and union dues to be withheld.
- Computes pay and deductions for adjustments and manual checks.
- Performs required government reporting such as BLS, Multi-worksite and other items.
- Updates timekeeping systems for historical changes/corrections and calculates retro pay based on these changes.
- Prepares and validates vacation/sick /PTO balances.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments, pay groups and companies so that taxes are correctly reflected.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Creates and uses reporting feature of payroll system.
- Researches and completes tax registrations with varying government agencies
- 2 – 4 years’ experience with handling multiple payrolls – for multiple clients
- Payroll and tax knowledge
- Accounting and Bookkeeping knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Must have strong verbal, written and numerical skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn complex payroll processing software
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
Benefits: XMi offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competitive company benefits including healthcare and 401K.
XMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter along with salary history to: email@example.com