Posted on: 10/12/17 | Department: Human Resources
XMI is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to lead our payroll functions supervising our payroll team, serving as a liaison with other professionals and ensuring our payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and current. The ideal Payroll Manager is analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills.
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third party payments)
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Supervise and coach payroll team.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Proven experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS (e.g. PrismHR, SAP, ADP, Kronos) and MS Office (especially Excel)
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a plus
Benefits: XMI offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competitive company benefits including healthcare and 401K.
XMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.