Benefits Associate Account Manager
Posted on: 10/09/17 | Department: Human Resources
The HR business unit of XMI is looking for an Employee Benefits Associate Account Manager.
- Assist Account Managers with annual renewals– access reports, retrieve quotes, and compile presentations
- Monitor benefit programs serving as liaison between carriers, the clients, and their employees
- Provide guidance to employees on employee benefits
- Assist with planning and implementation of open enrollment including the coordination, preparation, and distribution of benefits communication and educational materials
- Benefit plan document preparation and review
- Maintain records and procedures for the administration process
- Ensure accuracy of benefits deductions and make corrections and payroll adjustments as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (on the phone and in person)
- Ability to give presentations to large or small groups of employees
- Ability to identify and resolve issues on the spot to ensure that flow of work proceeds smoothly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are vital while completing the work on the given deadline
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude; can multi-task and deliver accurate results
- Should have an eye for detail and quickly identify errors
- Excellent computer skills – is an expert in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to learn new systems and programs, such as Prism HR, Zywave, carrier reporting system
- Able to work in a team environment and cultivate client relationships
- At least 5 years of employee benefits experience
- A working knowledge of employee benefit plans, understanding PPOs, HSAs, HRAs, indemnity plans, as well as ancillary coverage such as life, disability, dental, vison and voluntary insurances
- A general knowledge of group insurance funding arrangements including but not limited to fully insured, self-insured and minimum premium type contracts
- TN Life and Health Insurance License preferred
XMI offers a competitive salary ($40,000-$50,000) commensurate with experience, as well as company benefits including healthcare and 401K.
XMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.