Benefits Account Manager
Posted on: 10/12/17 | Department: Human Resources
Benefits Account Manager
The HR business unit of XMI is looking for an experienced Benefits Account Manager to join our benefit brokerage.
- Manage the annual renewal process for various clients – analysis, quoting and proposal compilation utilizing Excel.
- Develop and monitor benefit programs serving as liaison between carriers, brokers, employees, and clients.
- Provide guidance to employees on employee benefits.
- Knowledge of benefits legislation to ensure compliance.
- Administer and monitor processing of all benefits documentation to ensure compliance with policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with planning and implementation of open enrollment.
- Develop and assist in the coordination, preparation, and implementation of benefits communication and educational materials.
- Designs and distributes materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Maintain records and procedures for the administration process.
- Assist with benefits adjustments, ensuring accuracy of benefits deductions, make corrections, and adjustments as necessary.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, project management, communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills, along with a proven ability to immediately establish credibility.
- Have a positive, whatever-it-takes attitude, pick things up quickly, exhibit flexibility among shifting priorities, is forward-thinking and creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas.
- Ability to work independently, be organized and detail-oriented, positively handle conflict, and work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a cross functional, collaborative team environment, while also delegating, supervising and cross-training where needed.
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures while understanding unique situations in which policies and procedures may be interpreted and/or followed differently.
- Ability to give presentations to large groups of employees of all levels.
- Management of others a plus.
- 5 – 10 years of employee benefits and/or benefits brokerage experience
- TN Life and Health Insurance License
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite – in particular Excel, experience with HRIS systems, ability to navigate multiple insurance carrier websites (specifically pertaining to quoting, eligibility, and billing).
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations affecting employee benefit programs, including PPACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, Section 125, Social Security, IRS and DOL requirements.
XMI offers competitive company benefits including healthcare and 401K.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.